Whether you’re swimming at the beach or splashing around in a pool, it's important to keep safe this summer. Here are our top tips.
- Actively supervise children near water.
- Swim with others, and at beaches with lifeguards present.
- Know the dangers and obey safety signs and warnings.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Learn swimming and survival skills.
- Know your limits and learn safe ways of rescuing others without putting yourself in danger.
Find out about learn-to-swim classes at your local pool.
Safe Summer is a campaign brought to you by WaterSafe Auckland in conjunction with Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust, Coastguard Northern Region and Surf Life Saving Northern Region, which are all supported by Auckland Council.
Visit WaterSafe Auckland for more information.