Grey Lynn Farmers’ Market is a 100 per cent community owned and operated market, on every Sunday. It is fired up about being a local alternative to large supermarket chains.
It has local growers, farmers and fisherpeople from surrounding regions such as Kaipara, Waikato and west Auckland.
The market also has a community trading table, where backyard growers can sell their garden surplus.
Grey Lynn Farmers’ Market also runs regular workshops on topics like gardening, preserving, composting and more.
It is committed to becoming a zero-waste market, with no waste to landfill created at the market.
Grey Lynn Farmers’ Market offers:
- fresh spray-free and organic fruits and vegetables
- artisan and organic bread and pastries
- award-winning cheese
- award-winning local honey
- local juices, feijoa wine, and ginger beer
- organic Fair Trade coffee
- free-range rare-breed meats
- free-range and organic eggs
- and a great range of prepared foods.