If you are planning to hold an event on or in the water that is likely to affect the normal operation of other vessels and water users in the area of the event, please liaise with the Harbourmasters office or your Council Facilitator.
Contact the Auckland Council Event Facilitator to arrange an event.
Phone: 09 301 0101
What you should do
- Check that your event doesn't clash with any other major activity on the water, which could put your participants at risk.
- Check whether you have made adequate provision for the safety of navigation at your event, and decide if you need dispensation from any bylaws.
- If your event involves powered craft, and riders wish to approach and leave the beach at greater than 5 knots, you will need to apply for dispensation.
- We can also remind you of safety precautions, such as checking the weather and shipping movements during the event, and to arrange for patrol boats to monitor the event.
- Please complete the Maritime Event Application Form (PDF 1.2MB) and consult the On Water Event Hazard Management Plan (PDF 160KB) for more information.
Harbour racing buoys and event area markers
The Harbourmaster's office has inflatable buoys available for event organisers. These inflatable buoys can be used by any group for their harbour event.
Harbour Racing Buoys Chart and Positions (PDF 810KB)
Harbour events calendar
For a list of harbour events, see the Harbour Events Calendar (PDF 580KB)