Te Rōpū Kaitohutohu Take Āhua Iwi Kē
Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel
The role of the Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel
The Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel offers advice based on their experiences living as people from ethnic cultures, to help us improve outcomes for this community.
- identify the issues that are important to people from ethnic cultures
- provide advice on our regional strategies, policies and plans
- help us effectively engage with people from ethnic cultures.
The panel members for 2019-2022 are:
- Interim co-Chair: Kathy Yan
- Interim co-chair: Mohamud Mohamed
- Carol Guler
- Eva Chen
- Farrukh Gul Qaisrani
- Fatumata Bah
- Ireen Manuel
- Najira Khanam
- Sunil Kaushal
Meetings of the panel
The Ethnic People's Advisory Panel holds three scheduled meetings and up to seven meetings with staff each year.
Scheduled meetings are open to the public.
For dates, agendas and minutes, see
agendas and minutes.
Get in touch with the panel
To attend or present at a meeting of the Ethnic People's Advisory Panel, or find more information, email
Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel website
For more information, visit the
Ethnic Peoples Advisory Panel website.
Demographic advisory panels terms of reference