The role of the Youth Advisory Panel
The Youth Advisory Panel offers advice based on their experiences living as young people aged 14 to 24 years, to help us improve outcomes for this community.
- identify the issues that are important to young people
- provide advice on our regional strategies, policies and plans
- help us effectively engage with young people.
Members of the panel
- Veisinia Maka (Howick, chair)
- Damian Piilua (Manurewa, deputy chair)
- Shehara Farik (Albert-Eden)
- Jack Downs (Devonport-Takapuna)
- Bryce Collin (Franklin)
- Taric Speir (Great Barrier)
- Aniva Feau (Henderson-Massey)
- Lucy Pearson (Hibiscus and Bays)
- Dayeon Lee (Kaipātiki)
- Star Rawiri (Māngere-Ōtāhuhu)
- Kramer Hoeflich (Maungakiekie-Tāmaki)
- Katjoesja Buissink (Orakei)
- Michael Chu Shing (Ōtara-Papatoetoe)
- Jacqueline Paul (Papakura)
- Luke Johnson (Puketāpapa)
- Julia Caulfield (Rodney)
- Amy Irvine (Upper Harbour)
- Stella Andrews (Waiheke)
- Elja Murphy (Waitākere Ranges)
- Na'or Alfassi Berman (Waitematā)
- Ogonna Nweke (Whau)
- Councillor Fa'anānā Efeso Collins (Liaison Councillor)
- Councillor Cathy Casey (Chief Liaison Councillor)
Lead officer: Mara Bebich
Deputy lead officer: Amanda Kelly
Meetings of the panel
The Youth Advisory Panel holds three scheduled meetings and up to seven meetings with staff each year.
Scheduled meetings are open to the public.
For dates, agendas and minutes, see
agendas and minutes.
Get in touch with the panel
To attend or present at a meeting of the Youth Advisory Panel, or find more information, email
There is no current vacancy for the Youth Advisory Panel.