Suffrage 125th Anniversary Temporary Artworks - Expression of Interest / Pānui
Emerging artists are invited to express their interest in creating temporary works commissioned to mark the 125th anniversary of women’s suffrage in New Zealand.
We are looking for semi‐permanent installations with a lifespan of five years.
This enables works that will thematically respond to the anniversary.
We have identified three likely sites as locations:
- Tin Tacks Reserve Onehunga
- Crawford Reserve Howick
- Killarney Park Takapuna (TBC).
What we’re looking for
We are looking for artists to produce a concept that:
- is a stand-alone artwork
- conceptually fits with the context of the site
- contributes to transforming how Aucklanders experience the area
- can be developed within the available budget and proposed timeline
- has a lifespan of five years
- is made of robust materials that are resistant to vandalism and weather
- is less than four cubic metres in size
- is designed to be fixed to a foundation two metres by two metres, and half a metre high
- weighs less than four tonnes.
Read full project information
We welcome expressions of interest from both individuals and collectives.