Are you or someone you know interested in shaping the future of public art in Tāmaki Makaurau?
Nominate yourself or another person to be on the Public Art Advisory Panel, previously known as the Advisory Panel for Art in Public Places, Auckland (APAPPA).
The Public Art Advisory Panel contributes to the professional and public conversation about the role of arts in the everyday lives of Aucklanders.
It provides advice, recommendations and feedback to the council and local boards to help build a sense of identity and belonging across the city.
What we are looking for
We are looking for three people from different backgrounds to join the panel, to ensure there is a balance of arts, culture and design expertise represented.
- creative entrepreneurs
- environment designers or architects
- UX or product designers
- curators or programmers.
Collectively, the panel will have:
- a thorough knowledge of the region’s creative sector
- a passion to see public art transform how people experience the city
- an informed view of Auckland’s geography and where arts and culture can feature
- an understanding of Auckland’s rapidly evolving demographics and diverse population
- a global perspective on the role creativity plays in creating a world-class city
- a commitment to upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
How to apply
Read the Public Art Advisory Panel documents to find out what we need for your nomination, and apply online.