About the opportunity
Send in a proposal to showcase your mahi toi in 2020!
We are calling for proposals from groups, collectives or individuals interested in exhibiting and/or creating unique programmes at five of the city's local arts facilities in 2020.
We welcome projects across a range of creative and artistic forms.
You might be an established painter, graphic designer, sculptor, photographer, jeweller, fashion designer, musician or writer. You could be a student or practitioner, and have completed works that you think are ready to be shared with the public.
Community groups and organisations are welcome to send in a proposal.
What we are looking for
- Creative projects that are ready to take place between 1 January and 30 June 2020.
- Projects that are relevant to the surrounding community, context or location.
- Projects by groups or individuals with well-developed, unique programmes or events.
- Projects that express and/or respond to Auckland's status as a UNESCO City of Music.
- A project idea that is suitable for one (or more) of the arts facilities listed above.
We will prioritise:
- groups or individuals from the respective local board area for each facility, and from wider Auckland
- projects that recognise and celebrate Matariki, the Māori New Year, during June and July 2020.
How to apply
Submit your idea for your creative project - whether it's an exhibition, installation, programme, event or activity.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 24 February 2019.
You can apply online at: