Skip to main content

Ngā panonitanga whakaaetanga ā-rawa

Changes to resource consents

If we are still processing your application, contact us if you plan to make changes to your proposal. If you want to make changes to a granted resource consent, you'll need to make a formal application.

Keep us informed

You need to let us know if you change aspects of the work that is consented.

Changes to consented activity

If the consented activity changes, for example the extent of earthworks required, or the landscaping,  you must notify us in writing using the appropriate form.

We cannot make changes to your legal consent document without an application from you, even if you have previously discussed the change with our staff.

To make a change, you need to submit a written application.

Let us know if things go wrong

It is also important to keep us informed if anything goes wrong. We can help you resolve your problem faster, safer and with less stress.

By keeping us informed, we can help with any concerns that the wider public may also have.

Resource consent changes

Before you apply

If you are not an approved credit account customer, provide a completed resource consent declaration form as part of your online application.

Apply to change or cancel resource consent conditions

You can apply for a change or cancellation of a condition of your consent, except for a condition limiting the duration of the consent. To change the consent duration, see Extension of time of a resource consent.

We only accept online applications for changes to resource consents. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our libraries with council services for assistance in making your online application.

Apply now


If there is no way to provide digital copies of your plans or documents, visit one of our libraries with council services. Our staff will accept your documents for an additional charge. The charge covers costs involved with us scanning your documents into our digital consent system.

Call us on 09 301 0101 to speak with our building and planning help desk if you have questions regarding your application.

 Related topics



Extension of time of a resource consent of time of a resource consentFind out how to get an extension of time on your resource consent.aspxResource consents
Surrender a resource consent a resource consentFind out how to surrender a resource consent if your granted activity has ceased, or you no longer need it. aspxResource consents
Transfer of farm dairy discharge permitted activities of farm dairy discharge permitted activities​Find out how to transfer a permitted activity to another party.aspxResource consents
Transfer a resource consent a resource consentFind out how to transfer a resource consent to another party to continue an activity. aspxResource consents
Resource consent appeals and objections consent appeals and objectionsRead about resource consent conditions, how to object to a decision on a resource consent and how to appeal to the environment court. aspxResource consents
Resource consent conditions and monitoring consent conditions and monitoringWe monitor your site to check if you are complying with the conditions for your resource consent.aspxResource consents