Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Check that your tradespeople have the relevant licences

It is your responsibility, as the property owner, to check that the people you are using to carry out or supervise your restricted building work (RBW) have the relevant licence.

Our tip

To avoid delays in booking and carrying out inspections, notify us of your Licensed Building Practitioners before they start any RBW on your site.

 Related topics



Receive our decision on your consent application our decision on your consent applicationStep seven: Find out about consent decisions and appeals.aspx
Owner-builder exemption for restricted building work exemption for restricted building workBefore you apply for an owner-builder exemption, make sure you understand what is required.aspx
Appeal a building consent decision by getting a determination a building consent decision by getting a determinationIf you want to appeal a building consent decision, you can apply for a determination through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).aspx
Resource consent appeals and objections consent appeals and objectionsRead about resource consent conditions, how to object to a decision on a resource consent and how to appeal to the environment court. aspx