Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Moving out of Auckland

Te hūnuku atu i Tāmaki Makaurau

Let your new local council know and tell us in writing within 14 days of your move.

What you need to do

You need to let us know:

  • your dog's registration tag number
  • the date when your address or phone number changes.


​If you have registered your dog for the first time through our online services, login and change your address details.

If not, complete the Change your contact and/or postal address online form.

 By post

​Complete the Dog owner change of contact details form.

Post it to:

Animal Administration
Auckland Council
Private Bag 92300
Auckland 1142

 In person

​Complete the Dog owner change of contact details form.

Bring it to one of our service centres.

 Related topics



A guide for dog owners guide for dog ownersUse our guide to help choose the right dog and understand your obligations as a dog owner. aspx
Dog owners' obligations owners' obligationsKnow the obligations you have to fulfill as a dog owner.aspx