Management of closed landfills and contaminated sites
Te tiaki papa tuku para kua katia me ngā wāhi kua tā kinohia
We manage a number of closed landfills and contaminated sites.
Under the law, we aim to:
- manage all human health and environmental effects of closed landfills and contaminated sites
- manage contaminated sites and closed landfills to the best possible extent
- manage contaminated sites and closed landfills according to the conditions of resource consents
- restore closed landfills to be used as recreational open spaces and wildlife refuges
- manage these sites through investigation, risk assessment, remediation, and monitoring procedures.
|Solid Waste Bylaw 2012 ||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/bylaws/Pages/solid-waste-bylaw.aspx||Solid Waste Bylaw 2012 ||This bylaw lays out guidelines for the collection and management of waste, and encourages a transformation in how Aucklanders reduce, reuse and recycle. The bylaw is currently under review.||aspx|