Stormwater and waterway projects
Kaupapa wai āwha me ngā awa rerenga wai
Auckland Council carries out improvement work on the stormwater network and our waterways.
These projects aim to:
- manage stormwater flow
- minimise flood risks
- reduce pollution
- prevent contamination in our waterways
- improve water quality.
The work may involve:
- increasing the capacity of the stormwater network
- installing pipes
- replacing concrete channels with naturalised streams.
Work hours and disruption
- Work hours are usually from 7am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
- We will notify affected residents if we need to work outside these hours.
- We aim to keep noise within regulations.
- We manage traffic onsite to help motorists through road closures and reduced access.
Current stormwater projects
To find out about our current projects, see Projects.
See our brochure for more information on landowners' and residents' rights and responsibilities: