What this grant provides
This grant assists with the insulating Auckland homes.
We offer it in partnership with two approved suppliers:
- Greenstar Energy Solutions
- Smart Energy Solutions.
If one of our approved suppliers installs your home insulation, the grant will be automatically deducted from the total cost.
The grant can be:
We can add the balance of payment to your rates through our Retrofit Your Home programme.
Who can apply for the insulation grant
To apply for this grant you must legally own and occupy a home in Auckland.
Priorities for the grant will go to:
- households with a Community Service Card
- households where your income is just above Community Services Card level and you have health needs made worse by cold, damp housing.
How to apply for the insulation grant
One of our approved insulation providers will need to assess your home's current insulation.
You will need to arrange this with either Greenstar Energy Solutions or Smart Energy Solutions.
If your insulation levels are below Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority guidelines, the approved supplier will provide a quote for insulation. The insulation grant will be deducted from the total cost.
Contact one of our approved suppliers with your name, address, and phone number to request an assessment and get a quote:
Greenstar Energy Solutions
0800 789 276
Smart Energy Solutions
0800 888 766
Terms and conditions for the insulation grant
- The supplier who gave you the quote must install the insulation.
- We award this grant on a 'first-in, first-served' basis.
For full terms and conditions see: