What we can offer
If you want to lower your energy bills and have a warmer, drier home, or are planning to build or make some home improvements, we can give you advice on how to:
- improve the health, comfort and performance of your home
- warm your home in winter and cool it in summer
- reduce mould and condensation
- improve energy and resource efficiency
- save on energy bills
- reduce your household's carbon footprint
- select eco-friendly building materials.
We provide personalised, impartial advice on home performance and energy efficiency. We will work with you to find the right options for your home and budget.
This advice is free to all Auckland residents and ratepayers, whether you are a homeowner, landlord or tenant.
We don't offer:
- building or insulation inspections for compliance purposes
- advice relating to major repairs, or to structural, electrical or plumbing work
- recommendations for particular suppliers or products.
Request advice on the performance of your home
Our certified home performance and eco design advisors will provide up to an hour of free expert advice on how you can make your house warmer, drier and more energy-efficient.
They can provide this advice:
- over the phone
- by email
- by visiting you at your house
- at a meeting at a council office.
To request an appointment, fill in the form. Request advice from an eco design advisor
We will try to reply to all enquiries within three working days, and consultations will take place within four weeks.