About the Great Barrier Capital Grant
He Tukunga pūtea kaupapa matua mō Aotea
The Great Barrier Local Board Capital Grants Programme supports capital projects associated with community facilities on the island.
What your Great Barrier Capital Grant application needs to provide
Your application must provide evidence that:
- the funded facility is available for use by the community
- it aligns with the outcomes of the Aotea Great Barrier Local Board Plan and grant programme
- you hold insurance for the capital asset
- there is relevant building or resource consent prior to applying for a grant
- paid project management assistance is included (if required)
- you will contribute a percentage of the project cost in cash, labour or materials, with the percentage you contribute increasing as the cost of the project increases:
- up to $5000 = 5 percent
- $5001 - $10,000 = 7.5 percent
- over $10,001 = 10 percent.
The Great Barrier Local Board also expects:
- a copy of the community group or organisation's most recent annual financial statement, and
- a resolution (a letter or minutes from the community group's committee meeting) supporting the application to be included in your submission.
We will accept applications for projects which:
- create or improve a capital asset, and
- are associated with a community facility on Great Barrier Island.