Ngā whāinga matua tukunga pūtea ā-takiwā
Regional funding priorities
How funding is prioritised
The Governing Body works with our staff to develop a set of specific priorities, and the level of investment for each activity area, within the regional grants programme.
Funding priorities provide clear guidance on what we may fund. These might be particular types of:
- activities (e.g. events that celebrate Māori culture)
- population groups or priority areas (e.g. community development programmes taking place in the Southern Initiative area)
- or a combination of these (e.g. ecological restoration work).
Budgets will remain flexible to enable us to respond to emerging needs or opportunities.
Funding priorities exclusions
As part of setting the funding priorities, the governing body can specify additional exclusions, such as:
- setting a minimum or maximum grant size
- excluding certain types of expenditure - see what we don't fund.