The Waiheke Local Board has recently approved the Stage 1 Mātiatia Plan and is calling for expressions of interest to activate commercial use of the Harbourmasters building to test what uses might fit with the Mātiatia Plan approach.
Existing buildings adjoining the Harbourmasters are being removed and the area will largely be activated as paid public carparking. Use of immediate Harbourmasters surrounds will however also be considered.
The proposed lease term will be for approximately six months to activate the space over the summer and test suitable commercial options. A subsequent, separate round of expressions of interest will be undertaken in the first half of 2020 seeking interest from commercial providers intending to lease space in the medium term i.e. between three to five years.
Applicants seeking to submit proposals for the initial period are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Alignment with the following outcomes:
- The proposed activity will provide local Waiheke products and services
- The products or services should attract people passing through Mātiatia and support the 'sense of arrival' and promote Mātiatia as the gateway to Waiheke
- Outline how and why the proposed activity will attract tourists and visitors
- Quantify use levels, staffing and expected visitor numbers to ensure adequate infrastructure is available
- Demonstrate the ability to work with other operators, including other applicants if needed, to achieve a range of products and services which support the above outcomes
- If land in the immediate vicinity of the Harbourmasters building is included in the submission, applicants are expected to outline the extent of the land to be included and reasons why this is included
- Describe what, if any, improvements or changes to the Harbourmasters are sought
Applications close at 5pm on 26 September 2019 and should be delivered in electronic or hard copy format to: Electronic submissions to CFProperty@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
Hard copy submissions to c/o Yusuf Khan, Auckland Council, Bledisloe House, 24 Wellesley Street West, Auckland 1010.
Auckland Council reserves the right to seek proposals and applications from other parties in addition to those who respond to this invitation, and to accept or reject any applications.
For more information including a background information pack (it is recommended applicants familiarise themselves with this material) and requests to view the site please contact Yusuf Khan, Senior Property Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org