Expressions of interest for a community lease at 545 Don Buck Road, Massey
Public notice date: 26 September 2019
Closing date and time: 01 November 2019, 11.55 p.m.
Auckland Council invites expressions of interest from community groups and organisations interested in leasing the ex-Massey Library space at 545 Don Buck Road, Massey.
The space was purpose built as a library and is approximately 939m2 in area. The space is mainly open plan with a smaller area that provides separate offices. The space has structural pillars throughout, multi-level floors and exposed ceiling trusses. There is a basic kitchen with a boiling hot water heater and toilets are shared with other complex occupants.
The space will be open for viewing 1 October 2019 between 10.30am-11.30am and 3 October 2019 between 5.00pm-6.00pm.
Groups applying must be:
- an incorporated society or a charitable trust and meet the criteria prescribed in the Auckland Council Community Occupancy Guidelines 2012
- ideally, based and working in the Henderson-Massey community
- able to identify positive community outcomes that will occur as a result of the proposed tenancy
- able to specify how the services or programs offered will align with the objectives in the Henderson-Massey Local Board Plan 2017
- ideally, able to optimize the use of the council building
- ideally, able to share the building space with other community groups.
Auckland Council reserves the right to seek proposals and applications from other parties in addition to those who respond to this invitation, and at its sole discretion to accept or reject any applications.
Any information provided to the Council will become subject to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1977 and may be released by the Council under that Act unless a withholding ground under that Act Applies. Any applicant should state in their application if the whole or any part of the application is to be kept confidential.
For more information, or to request an application form and a copy of the Community Occupancy Guidelines, please contact:
Michelle Knudsen, Community Lease Specialist, Auckland Council
021 806 823
Applications close at 5.00pm Monday, 1 November 2019