Auckland Council invites expressions of interest from community groups and organisations interested in leasing a facility at the above reserves.
Blockhouse Bay Rec Reserve - The facility is a former Parks depot shed located in the car park off Rathlin Street. The shed being approximately 118m² (more or less) and comprises of a garage, small office space and bathroom facilities.
The shed will be open for viewing Thursday 29 November 2018 between 10am-11am.
Eastdale Reserve - The facility is a two storey clubroom totalling 80m² (more or less) and two garage spaces totalling 42m² (more or less). The clubrooms have a kitchen, meeting area and bathroom facilities. There is no internal access between the garage and clubrooms and no lift access to the second floor of the clubrooms.
The clubrooms will be open for viewing Thursday 29 November 2018 between 12pm-1pm.
Groups applying must be:
· an incorporated society or a charitable trust and meet the criteria prescribed in the Auckland Council Community Occupancy Guidelines 2012
· ideally, be based and working in the Whau community
· able to identify positive community outcomes that will occur as a result of the proposed tenancy
· able to specify how the services or programmes offered will align with the objectives in the Whau Local Board Plan 2017
· The successful applicant group/s will need to deliver benefits that include activities focused at education, community and youth services.
Auckland Council reserves the right to seek proposals and applications from other parties in addition to those who respond to this invitation, and at its sole discretion to accept or reject any applications.
Any information provided to the Council will become subject to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1977 and may be released by the Council under that Act unless a withholding ground under that Act applies. Any applicant should state in their application if the whole or any part of the application is to be kept confidential.
For more information, or to request an application form and a copy of the Community Occupancy Guidelines, please contact:
Donna Cooper, Community Lease Advisor, Auckland Council, 09 892 4344 / 021819343, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 14 January 2019.