Rates public notice
Public notice date: 28 May 2018
Closing date and time: 01 June 2018, 12 a.m.
Auckland Council Rating Information Database
The Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 requires Auckland Council to prepare a rating information database, which must include the following information in relation to each rating unit within the Auckland Council district:
- All information relating to the rating unit that is included in the district valuation roll, and
- All information relating to the unit that is required for setting and assessing rates for each rating unit.
Notice is given under section 28(4) of the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 that the Auckland Council rating information database is now available for inspection at:
- Ground Floor Bledisloe House, 24 Wellesley St West (8am-5pm)
- Ground floor, Kotuku House, 4 Osterley Way, Manukau city (8am-5pm)
- Hector Sanderson Road, Claris, Great Barrier Island (8.30am-5pm)
- 10 Belgium Street, Ostend, Waiheke Island (8.30am-5pm)
- 35 Coles Crescent, Papakura (8am-5pm)
- 82 Manukau Road, Pukekohe (8am-5pm)
- 6 Henderson Valley Road, Waitakere City (8am-5pm)
- 50 Centreway Road, Orewa (8am-5pm)
- 1 The Strand, Takapuna (8am-5pm)
- Any Auckland Council library (during opening hours) and all other Auckland Council Service Centres during opening hours.
The rating information database is also available for inspection at www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
Any ratepayer may object to the information contained in the database on one or more of the following grounds:
- That a rating unit included in the district valuation roll has been omitted from the database
- That information included in the district valuation roll has been omitted from, or inaccurately entered in, the database
- That information included in the database, other than information entered from the district valuation roll, is incorrect
- That there has been a failure to enter a lawful amendment to the district valuation roll into the database.
Objections can be made online at Object to the Rating Information Database (RID), or enter 'RID rates objection form' into the search box.