This consultation closed for feedback on 21 September 2018. The board approved the concept plan on 12 December 2018.
There were 442 unique views of the consultation pages, 387 downloads of the concept plan and 43 responses to the online and People's Panel survey.
We also received comments on the Papakura Local Board and Takanini Village Facebook pages.
The survey results showed 78 per cent support for the concept plans and a number of suggestions for changes were also made.
Changes to the concept plan
Changes to the concept plan as a result of community feedback include:
- supplying filtered drinking water
- providing lockers
- Improving passive surveillance in the toilet corridor.
Items for further consideration during design
These suggestions include:
- dealing with the heat from the north-facing windows
- supplying more comfortable couches and armchairs
- introducing gender-neutral toilets
- providing more books and quiet spaces
- programming of spaces, particularly for noisy and quiet activities
- progressing suggestions related to partner organisations using the consultation room.
Items for consideration as part of operational planning and programming
These items include:
- monitoring book stock levels
- management of quiet spaces
- programming of spaces, particularly for noisy and quiet activities.
What happens next
The Papakura Local Board approved the concept plans and work is underway on the developed design including working with mana whenua on the interior design.
Final design and building consents will be completed in 2019. The new interior fit-out is expected to begin in 2020 subject to developer timeframes for construction of the building.
Get a copy of the plan