We are seeking feedback on the concept plan for the new shared library and community facility in Takanini.
The new community hub will include library and community space to cater for growth, and supply services and features currently lacking in the area.
The Hub will be built in a leased space within the second stage of the Takanini Village project, due to open in early 2020.
The basis for the project's design brief and concept plan came from community feedback made between November 2017 and March 2018.
This identified the following community priorities:
- a welcoming, comfortable and safe space for the whole whānau
- a place to come together to learn and share
- a place to develop knowledge and skills
- a place to meet others in the community
- a flexible space that allows for different types of activities
- access to resources for free or low cost
- a place to connect people to key commuity services, information and opportunities.
Drop-in sessions with council staff and the architects will be held at Takanini Hall on 1 September 2018 from 1pm-4pm and also on 6 September 2018, from 6.15pm-8.15pm. Come along, ask questions and discuss the plans with the designers and architects.