This consultation closed on 30 May 2021. Thank you for having your say.
We received 108 pieces of feedback about improving Anderson Park.
These came from our:
- drop-in session at the park (65 people provided feedback on future park development)
- our 'Share your ideas' tool (30 people shared 77 ideas about future park development)
- our online survey (13 people completed the survey).
Key feedback themes
- play options
- dedicated youth and ball play space
- open space for informal play
- family space – people asked for picnic tables/seating to take advantage of the natural shade provided within the park
- improved pathway connections throughout the park catering for commuter need, informal recreation (health and wellbeing) and cycling classes
- safety improvements –people wanted barrier protection on road frontages and improved lighting for increased safety.
What happens next
The first round of engagement is now complete.
Your feedback will be used to inform a strategic assessment for the future development of Anderson Park.
This strategic assessment will guide the scope for a future concept plan for Anderson Park.
Manurewa's local board work programme will be confirmed on 30 June 2021.