Our proposed priorities for 2020/2021
We will start implementing our plans by:
- enhancing ecological values and recreational use of Harbourview-Orangihina Park
- designing streetscapes in Te Atatū South
- developing paths to connect town centres, schools, public facilities, recreation areas and public transport hubs
- identifying high-need areas for playground upgrades (including an all-accessible play space)
- developing relationships and shared goals with mana whenua and mataawaka.
We will also focus on:
- local responses to climate change
- engaging with our Pacific communities to find out how we can support their aspirations.
We will continue to provide quality parks and playgrounds, libraries, community and recreation facilities, and events.
We're not proposing major changes to existing work programme for 2020/2021 as we continue to deliver the projects identified in our local board plan.
Proposed new Business Improvement District
The Central Park Henderson Business Association is proposing a new Business Improvement District (BID) in our local board area.
If the new BID proposal is successful, the programme will represent about 2,500 business ratepayers and owners, with a proposed BID targeted rate of $500,000, as of 1 July 2020.
You can read more about what we've been doing, as well as the full message from the Chair in our Supporting Information.
Henderson-Massey Local Board area