Our proposed priorities for 2020/2021
We’re not proposing major changes to our existing work programme for 2020/2021 as we continue to deliver the projects identified in our local board plan.
- support the expansion of the Manurewa Business Improvement District
- continue to respond to community-led activity including Māori aspirations, events, and waste minimisation initiatives
- oversee the provision of quality parks and playgrounds, libraries, community and recreation facilities
- continue to provide free access to Manurewa Pool and Leisure Centre for those aged 65 and over, adults supervising children, and people with disabilities
- focus on the regeneration of Puhinui and Papakura streams and other environmental priorities.
Proposed change to Manurewa Business Improvement District
The Manurewa Business Association is proposing to expand the boundary of the Manurewa Business Improvement District (BID) in our local board area.
If the BID boundary expansion is successful, the Manurewa Business Association membership will also increase, and the BID targeted rate will increase from $157,000 to $315,000 as of 1 July 2020.
You can read more about what we’ve been doing, as well as the full message from the Chair in our
Manurewa Local Board area