Our proposed priorities for 2020/2021
- access to new bus services will be improved further by park and ride facilities at Warkworth and Kumeu-Huapai (design work is near completion)
- new footpaths, supported by the targeted rates' funds
- new parks and reserves in Milldale and Riverhead will be planned as a result of new development
- growth is also making the future library needs of Warkworth a priority
- a masterplan for Green Road (Rangitopuni) Park in Dairy Flat will continue
- continuing key initiatives to fund and improve drainage areas in the north and greater emphasis on environmental projects to improve water quality, waterways and harbours.
Proposed new Business Improvement District
The One Warkworth Business Association Inc (OWBA) is proposing a new Business Improvement District (BID) in our local board area, the Warkworth BID programme.
If the council approves the Warkworth BID programme, it will represent about 480 business ratepayers and owners, with a proposed BID targeted rate of $130,000, as of 1 July, 2020.
You can read more about what we’ve been doing, as well as the full message from the Chair in our
Supporting Information (PDF 10.4MB).
Rodney Local Board area