Our proposed priorities for 2020/2021
We will continue the high level of service you expect from quality parks and playgrounds, libraries, and community facilities.
Our priorities include:
- activating Glen Eden Town Centre with events and planning for its regeneration
- progressing designs for a new park in Swanson and Oratia Halls Reserve
- supporting restoration of Shadbolt House for a future writer’s residency
- restoring significant ecological areas in our local parks and assisting private property owners to restore these areas
- progressing an application for the Waitākere Ranges Heritage Area to become an International Dark Sky Park
- supporting community resilience planning in our coastal villages
- advocating to secure regional funding to develop Te Henga quarry for use as a park
- increasing our focus on climate action.
We’re not proposing major changes to our existing work programme as we continue to deliver the projects identified in our local board plan.
You can read more about what we’ve been doing, as well as the full message from the
Chair in our
Supporting Information (PDF 10.4MB).
Waitākere Ranges Local Board area