The Aotea Great Barrier Area Plan will present a 30-year vision for the future of the Hauraki Gulf islands that make up the Great Barrier Local Board area.
It will bring together previous studies, plans and existing knowledge of the islands to identify key issues that need to be addressed in the future. It will also set out key outcomes and actions to achieve this vision.
Have your say on the Aotea Great Barrier Area Plan
We will be releasing the draft plan for public consultation in April 2019. (Final public consultation dates may vary slightly but will be updated once confirmed. )
You will be able to have your say on the plan, and what you would like to see in Aotea Great Barrier's future.
The plan could cover:
- environmental and heritage concerns
- community facilities, services and spaces
- transport and infrastructure
- the needs of an ageing population
- housing choice, supply and affordability
- access to and around the island
- the local economy
Email email@example.com if you want to stay informed as we develop the Aotea Great Barrier Area Plan.