This consultation closed on 22 May 2017. Thank you for your feedback.
We received 50 responses to the Auckland Domain Natural Playspace consultation.
We were able to identify a number of key themes:
- support for a natural playspace at the domain
- support for the use of natural materials as they are a better fit with the existing environment
- support for leaving the split pōhutukawa tree as is
- incorporating the domain's natural and cultural history into the playspace
- consideration of safety into the design (specifically the proximity to Domain Drive and the duck pond)
- integration of planting, loose parts and materials that can be manipulated into the design
- consideration of accessibility in the playspace design.
The feedback has informed the playspace concept, and the final design of the playground is underway.