Auckland is recognised as a world-class screen production destination.
The city's growing screen industry brings jobs and opportunities, and has a positive impact on the wider economy.
However, we need to ensure that we manage the potential impact of filming in public places on our communities and businesses.
The Auckland Film Protocol outlines conditions and guidelines for filming in Auckland. It was first adopted in 2013 and was last refreshed in 2015.
- there have been a number of changes to legislation
- new technologies such as drones are more commonly used for filming
- the Auckland Unitary Plan has been adopted.
We want to make sure the protocol is up to date and reflects our current policies, regulations and processes.
What we need your feedback on
We want to hear your thoughts on our protocols about filming in public places.
The key areas which filming can have an impact on are:
- parks, reserves, beaches and other public open spaces
- roads, traffic management and parking
- natural environment
- our cultural heritage.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from Friday 21 June to 4pm on Friday 12 July 2019.