The Birkenhead War Memorial Park is a much-loved local park, providing space for sports, recreation, community and educational activities.
To meet the changing needs of the local community, we have developed a long-term masterplan to think about how people might use Birkenhead War Memorial Park in the future.
The masterplan sets out a number of goals for the park, including:
- more open green space for people to enjoy
- new multi-use facilities to house clubs and organisations
- increased capacity for community events
- the sustainable use of resources
- a wider range of activities for park users
- improved movement and navigation around the park
- better understanding of the park's ecological and cultural significance.
This masterplan was developed with input from local park users, mana whenua and local schools.
We want to hear what the wider community has to say on the future of Birkenhead War Memorial Park.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 18 March to 14 April 2019.
Your feedback will be used to create the final Birkenhead War Memorial Park Masterplan, which will be presented to the Kaipātiki Local Board in August 2019.