Māngere is getting its first destination playground at David Lange Park.
The project includes the development of:
- park playground
- skate park
- basketball court
- toilet facilities
- supporting infrastructure.
Features of the new playground
The new playground will include:
- play options for all ages from 0 to 18 years old
- accessible play with provision for a wide range of physical and mental needs
- nature play
- wheeled play facilities
- cultural themes that reflect the Māngere community
- design elements to reflect Variety and their donors
- shade from large trees
- accessible seating and picnicking space to accommodate large groups
- drinking fountains to include dogs (if permitted)
- accessible car parking, pathway networks and toilets.
What we want your feedback on
Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board have partnered with children's charity Variety to develop a concept plan to build a destination playground at David Lange Park in Māngere.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on the plan.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 12 October to 27 October 2020.