This consultation closed on 15 November 2018. Thank you for having your say.
We received 61 submissions which we analysed and closely considered.
This feedback came from:
- developers and their representatives
- Have Your Say events
- online forms.
Key feedback themes
- Support for reasonable and sustainable development contributions to assist investment in infrastructure.
- Concern that price rises will increase the cost of housing.
- Some of the projects and programmes in the schedule were not linked to growth.
- Concern that increased transport costs for retail and commercial development will discourage investment — particularly near housing developments.
Results of the feedback
We have made the following changes to the proposal:
- We've updated the schedule to provide extra detail and to make sure that it only includes projects that are connected to growth.
- We've made sure that the current transport price for retail and commercial development remains the same. We will incorporate further work on transport pricing into future policies.
What happens next
The Governing Body adopted the Contributions Policy 2019 on 13 December 2019.
You can read a copy of the policy at the Development Contributions Policy 2019 page.