This consultation closed on 17 April 2019. Thank you for having your say.
We received 120 formal submissions via online survey and email, and engaged a further 60 people at two drop-in sessions around the area.
We also engaged with a number of people before the consultation phase through:
- workshops with key stakeholders
- meetings with mana whenua.
Key feedback themes
We received a wide range of feedback, including:
- the need for safety barriers between people and cars, lower speeds on non-motorway routes, better lighting and more timely road maintenance
- support for better connections between key locations such as NorthWest and Westgate, Lincoln and Triangle Roads and East-West Connections (Te Whau Pathway)
- requests for links to parks and the natural environment to boost recreation
- support for pathways that are planned, deliberate and effective, including direct routes, expressways, and crossing signals that are accessible and useful to cyclists.
Changes made in response to feedback
The majority of feedback was supportive of the plan and little change was required.
However, some of the pony clubs in the area had some concerns with the plan. We have been in contact with them, and have made some minor changes around the areas where they operate.
What happens next
The plan will be presented to the Henderson-Massey Local Board at their August business meeting.