This consultation closed on 22 October 2018, with 461 items of feedback received.
The key themes in the feedback were:
- a desire to increase available open spaces in Tāmaki, not to decrease or lose existing ones
- maintenance and general cleanliness of facilities as well as provision of BBQ facilities for families
- safety and security in parks and reserves
- accessibility and parking
- a need to have more inclusive and quality playgrounds
- connectedness through better paths and cycleways.
After initial consideration of all submissions, the Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board has yet to decide on the next steps.
More analysis will be done by the policy and planning team which will then be presented to the board with recommendations in February 2019.
Once complete, the final plan will be published on the Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board webpage.
Thank you for your interest in this consultation.