We're upgrading a number of key public spaces and reserves in the Tāmaki area.
The first of these reserves to be looked at was Taniwha Reserve. Design work on Taniwha reserve is now complete, consenting is under way and construction is due to begin before the end of 2019.
Now we're in the early stages of preparing a concept design for Eastview Reserve and we'd like you to help us shape the design.
What we hope to achieve
Our main aims for this reserve are to:
- boost the water quality of Omaru Creek
- support the ecological habitat and biodiversity at the creek by planting around the river banks upgrade safety and surveillance by opening up street frontages, improving visibility into and through the reserve, and adding lighting
- provide pedestrian and cycling routes connecting this reserve with those up and down stream- such as Taniwha and Apirana reserves - and to nearby neighbourhoods
- improve the reserve in general, celebrate heritage and culture and help create a sense of place
- provide a playground for all ages suitable for a neighbourhood reserve.
Have your say
We'd like to know:
- what your current concerns are with this reserve and what you'd like us to work on
- what activities or equipment you'd like to see in the playground
- if there's anything else you'd like to tell us about Eastview Reserve and/or the proposed upgrade.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 14 October to 22 November 2019.