We have a strong commitment to providing opportunities for healthy, active lifestyles.
Some of our parks provide park users the opportunity to ‘work-out’ using outdoor fitness equipment. These include:
- Aicken Reserve – Torbay
- Orewa Reserve – Orewa Beach
A parks service assessment has identified ten parks that would be suitable for additional public outdoor fitness equipment.
- Victor Eaves Park
- Stanmore Bay Park
- Silverdale War Memorial Park
- Metro Park East
- Murrays Bay to Gulf Harbour Recreational Reserve and coastal links
- Browns Bay Coastal Walkway
- Red Beach Park
- Sherwood Reserve/Freyberg Park
- Manly Park
- Aicken Reserve/Waiake Beach Reserve.
Get a copy of the strategic parks assessment