This consultation closed on Friday 30 August 2019.
Thank you for having your say.
We received 21 online submissions and one made in person.
Key themes from the feedback
- Butterfly-friendly planting.
- Detailed access and circulation.
- Maintenance, vandalism, pests and weeds.
- Additional lighting.
- Support for improvements.
Changes made from the feedback
- Plan notes and key have been updated to recommend increased interpretive signage.
- General notes have been added around butterfly friendly planting. We followed up with biodiversity.
- around the use of ongaonga (nettle) for butterflies. This is acceptable if it is in areas that people don’t typically access.
- Connection points at Goodall and Hoskins streets have been improved.
- More pedestrian crossings have been added to internal roads.
- Pram crossings have been added to the existing footpaths.
- The inner carpark has been adjusted to cut down on hardstand and increase planting greening.
- Bicycle racks have bee added.
The plan has been finalised for adoption in February 2020.
Get a copy of the final concept plan