This consultation closed on 25 September 2017. Thank you for your feedback.
We received a total of 23 submissions on the Manuka Reserve Playground and Basketball Half Court Renewal.
According to the feedback, the most popular activities in the park were:
- enjoying the natural environment
- children's play (with climbing, creative play, sliding and swinging identified as the most popular play activities)
- relaxing, sitting or socialising.
The feedback identified some issues with the park, including off-leash dogs around the playground and the grass areas getting very muddy in winter.
The consultation also addressed the basketball court, which is currently not well used. The feedback identified a number of issues with the court, including:
- limited access in winter due to mud
- the poor condition of the court
- the court being on a slope.
The feedback will be incorporated into the final design of the playground, which will be presented to the local community for further feedback in late 2018.