This consultation closed on 30 August 2019. Thank you for having your say.
We received 13 submissions which came through our online survey and at the on-site drop in sessions.
Some feedback was sent in on behalf of local clubs. We held follow up discussions with Roskill South Athletics about the location of the pump track and minor athletics assets.
We also received feedback from our Healthy Waters Team about their daylighting project which aims to restore underground streams and turn them into ground-level attractions.
Key feedback themes
- Internal path lighting was requested.
- Detailed feedback was received about accessibility and path layout.
- Artificial turf and new changing rooms were requested.
- More challenging play elements were requested.
- Unfavourable feedback was received about freedom camping.
Changes made as result of feedback
- We added stream naturalisation works east of the YMCA, in accordance with the Healthy Waters proposal for this area (currently unfunded, long-term aspiration).
- We relocated the proposed pump track to an area west of the wetland, across from the playground.
- We added a note to include more challenging elements to the playground upon renewal.
- We added a note regarding textured ground surfaces in the car park - this was a bit too detailed to draw on for a concept plan of this scale.
- We added note number 10 that was missing from the car park plan.
- We added a note regarding non-slip material to the bridge, and a further note indicating that the bridge may need to be extended in the future to accommodate the naturalisation works.
- We also added general notes around provision of interpretive signage on site ecology and history.
- We added general notes around improvements to drainage.
- We made changes to the path layout around scout hall to incorporate the scout hall's feedback, giving them more uninterrupted lawn area.
- We made changes to the car park and planting near the scout den in response to their feedback.
- We added notes to ensure that existing footpaths are widened to our standard 1.8m upon renewal.
- After we made the changes, we workshopped the plan with the Puketāpapa Local Board. We then made a few minor edits.
The plan has now been finalised and will be adopted in February 2020.
Get a copy of the plan