This policy allows us to reduce or defer rates for some properties.
We use this policy to assist ratepayers and to address inequities in how rates are applied. Full details of the current policy, as well as the proposed changes, can be found in the consultation documents.
What we need your feedback on
We are proposing changes to rates remission and postponement schemes offered for:
- rates penalties
- retirement villages and Papakāinga housing
- community and sporting organisations
- rating units protected for natural or historic or cultural conservation purposes
- Manukau sports clubs
- properties charged the accommodation providers targeted rate
- commercial properties on Great Barrier Island.
We invite you to submit feedback on these potential changes, as well as any other aspect of our rates remission and postponement policy.
This feedback will help inform our decisions on the policy. A final policy will be adopted by the Finance and Performance committee in May. The policy will take effect from 1 July 2018
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 13 March until 13 April 2018.