The Revenue and Financing policy provides predictability and certainty about sources and levels of funding available to the council.
It explains the rationale for, and the process of selecting various tools to fund the operating and capital expenditures of the council.
What we need your feedback on
We propose the following amendments to the Revenue and Financing Policy:
- Alignment of funding mechanisms with the new activity structure.
- Making provision for a potential Regional Fuel Tax as a funding source to fund transport capital and operating expenditure.
- Making provision for changes to the way business general rates and the accommodation provider targeted rate are charged to online accommodation providers.
- Addition of the kerbside food waste collection to be funded from the solid waste targeted rate.
- Making provision for new targeted rates to fund additional investment in:
- an accelerated capital programme for transport
- improving environmental outcomes
- improving water quality.
If the changes to the Revenue and Financing Policy are not made then we will be unable to implement the changes proposed in the 10-year Budget consultation.
For more information about the options relating to the proposed amendments, see The 10-year Budget 2018-2018 supporting information - Section 4: Our policies.
When you can have your say
You can have your say on the Revenue and Financing Policy from 28 February 2018 to 8pm, 28 March 2018.
What happens next
We will analyse your feedback and report it to the Governing Body for consideration before it adopts any amendments to the policy for inclusion in the final 10-year budget.