We are upgrading a number of reserves and key public spaces in Tāmaki, as part of a wider programme of regeneration in the area.
To begin the programme, we are developing a concept design for Taniwha Reserve in Glen Innes.
As part of upgrading the reserve, we want to:
- improve the water quality in Omaru Creek
- improve stormwater capacity and management
- improve the ecological habitat by planting around the stream
- improve safety and visibility in the park
- improve connectivity through pedestrian and cycle routes
- celebrate the area's values and heritage, and to create a sense of place.
We want to hear how you currently use the reserve, and what kinds of things you would like to see there in the future.
The size and shape of Taniwha Reserve means it is not well suited to a playground. There are plans for playground development in nearby Eastview and Maybury reserves, and you will be able to have your say on these reserves in the near future.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 31 October to 28 November 2018.
We will then analyse your feedback and use it to inform the concept design.