This consultation closed on 20 February 2019. Thank you for your feedback.
We received 117 comments on the Local Parks Management Plan and 196 submissions on the Rangihoua Onetangi Sports Park Reserve Management Plan.
Key themes from the first round of consultation
Local Parks Management Plan
- Ensuring public access is retained, particularly for coastal areas.
- Improving wayfinding for reserves and local parks.
- Activation of local parks to encourage greater use of spaces
- Protection of plants and animals.
Rangihoua Onetangi Sports Park Reserve Management Plan
- Requests to balance sporting activities and ecological restoration of the park, streams and wetlands
- Support for golf club - retention of club, extension to 18 holes and a long-term lease
- Support for stream and wetland restoration
- Support for continued multi-use of the park and existing activities/ facilities such as sports fields, tennis courts and horse riding
- Need to manage leases for community groups
We will use this feedback to prepare the two draft plans before opening both for further public consultation in mid-2019.
We anticipate that the final plans will be adopted by the Waiheke Local Board in early 2020.