Skip to main content

Tīkina he puka whakaaetanga ki te whakahaere i ngā mahi a te rehia

Get a permit to run activities in a park

​You need a permit to carry out any activity in a park or reserve if it generates private benefit or financial reward.

This includes commercial activities without permanent infrastructure, such as:

  • food or drink sales
  • picnics or barbecues
  • guided walks or tours
  • sporting activities
  • sightseeing.

 Related topics



Manage your event your eventFind out about planning a harbour event and waste management, traffic management, and health and safety at your event. aspxOrganising events
Temporary structures structuresFind out about temporary structures, if they need a building or resource consent, and how to get one.aspxBuilding and consents
Find a park or beach a park or beachFind a park or beach to enjoy a BBQ, play sports, or take the kids to a playground.aspxParks
Auckland regional parks regional parksView a list of the Regional Parks in the Auckland region.aspx
Apply for a film permit for a film permitWho to contact to apply for a film permit in Auckland.aspxFilm permit
Landowner approvals approvalsIf you intend to use council-owned land, such as parks or reserves, then you will need to get the council's landowner approval.aspxParks