Skip to main content
Auckland Council

When you need a permit to run a commercial activity in a park

You need a permit to carry out any activity in a park or reserve if it generates private benefit or financial reward.

This includes commercial activities without permanent infrastructure, such as:

  • food or drink sales
  • picnics or barbecues
  • guided walks or tours
  • sporting activities
  • sightseeing.