Freestanding signs may only advertise a business or activity carried out on the site of the sign.
The maximum size of the sign that identifies the business should be 4 square metres - 8m high including the support structure by 2m wide. Way finding signs should be under 2 square metres.
Rules for placing freestanding signs
- At least 5m from any building.
- At least 2m from the side boundary of the site if the site frontage is more than 6m wide.
- At least 10m from any other freestanding sign on the same site (including a freestanding billboard) or portable signage.
Number of freestanding signs permitted per site
for sites with a road frontage of 60m or less – one freestanding sign per road frontage (including billboards
- for sites with a road frontage of more than 60m and less than 100m – two freestanding signs per road frontage (including billboards)
- for sites with a road frontage of 100m or more – up to three freestanding signs per road frontage (including billboards).