Rules for placing portable signs
- Minimum 1.8m width of footpath is clear for pedestrians.
- 0.6m from the kerb or 0.8m if on an Auckland Transport bus route.
- 5m from the intersection of any road and at least 2m from any access way, service lane or vehicle crossing.
Remove portable signs from a public space (footpath or berm) at the end of each day.
Sizes and locations of signs
Sandwich boards or board signs
- Only for business with both, direct ground floor fronts and direct ground floor access to the road or public place.
- Maximum 1.2m high by 0.6 wide by 0.46 deep.
- Maximum area of the sign 0.72 square metres.
- Only for business with, both, direct ground floor fronts and direct ground floor access to the road or public place.
- Maximum flag sign 1.85m high by 0.5m wide with a total height of 2.2m.
Portable ladder board
- For businesses without direct ground floor frontage and direct ground floor access.
- Only one per building.
- Needs to be located directly outside the entrance or access way of the business.
- At least 5m away from other portable ladder boards.
- Maximum 1.5m high by 0.715m wide by 0.46m deep.