You cannot erect signs on top of a veranda in residential areas.
Veranda signs may only advertise products, services, goods or events taking place on the business site adjacent to the sign.
Veranda signage is only permitted in residential zones for:
- a historic or heritage place
- a retail outlet which has lawfully established the veranda sign before the Signage Bylaw 2015 came into effect.
Veranda fascia signage
- One sign per tenancy, with advertising content limited to 50 per cent of the sign.
- Maximum projection from veranda fascia 30cm
- Maximum height of the sign 60cm
- Minimum clearance from footpath to bottom of the sign 2.7m.