What the interim report details
This report details Auckland Council Group's results for the six months to 31 December 2017.
- Revenue of $3,003 million, ahead of the prior year by $226 million.
- Operating surplus before gains and losses of $1,053 million, against the 31 December 2016 surplus of $966 million.
- Total net group debt (after cash on hand) was $8,246 million, which has increased by $277 million in the last six months.
- Total assets amounted to $49.2 billion, an increase of $1.8 billion from 30 June 2017.
The solid financial performance demonstrates the underlying strength in our financial management and resolve to deliver our 10-year budget (long-term plan).
Auckland's increasing growth puts pressure on the infrastructure within the Auckland region and places more demand on our services and resources.
We are continuing this focus on infrastructure with investment in the last six months of $760 million.
Our credit ratings were reaffirmed in October 2017:
- AA (stable) from Standard and Poor's
- Aa2 from Moody's Investor Services.
Get a copy of the interim report