Summary of the key regional decisions
The annual budget contained a number of decisions. These included:
- free travel for children aged 15 years and under on public transport at weekends and public holidays
- ferry fare integration where other modes of public transport are used at the beginning and/or end of the journey, to be introduced from 1 February 2020
- a one-off $5 million contribution to the Auckland City Mission’s HomeGround project.
We also consulted on a number of proposals that resulted in the following changes being adopted.
- Increase to the waste management targeted rate base service charge
- Extending food scraps collection targeted rates to the North Shore former trial area
- Adjusting the urban rating area
- Changes to rating of religious use properties
- Waitākere rural sewerage service and targeted rate.
We are increasing the following regulatory fees so that we continue to cover the full cost of providing these services.
- Resource consents
- Building control
- Harbour master fees
- Animal management
See Changes in property rates for 2019/2020 rating year For a summary of changes in property rates.
Local board decisions
Each local board adopted their Local Board Agreement which includes funding priorities for local activities and key initiatives for 2019/2020. These decisions are detailed in Volume 2.
Amendment to the 10-year Budget 2018-2028 regarding property transfers
Read the full 10-year Budget 2018-2028 for information on the June 2019 amendment regarding property transfers.
To read a summarised feedback report and to see all submissions, go to Annual Budget 2019/2020 and Proposed Amendment to the 10-year Budget 2018-2028 regarding property transfers.
If you have any further questions relating to the annual budget or the amendment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.